Maine ACEP Prescription Drug Abuse Tool Box
- Click here for the Maine ACEP Position Statement RE: Prevention of Prescription Drug Abuse
- Click here for the Washington Emergency Department Opioid Prescribing Guidelines
- ACEP Policy: Critical Issues in the Prescribing of Opioids for Adult Patients in the Emergency Department
- Click here for Guidelines for Treating Chronic Non-Cancer Pain
- Click here for the Article: A Rational Approach to the Treatment of Chronic Pain
- Respond to questions posted by members via an easily accessible form www.acep.org/ebola.
- The Maine Office of Substance Abuse
To sign up for the Prescription Monitoring Website or more information on this program go to: Maine OSA PMP
- The Maine Medical Association
To review newly created information on pain management go to MMA Resources for Pain Management
- (Dec. 2008) MaineHealth Psychiatric Medical Clearance Protocol
This is newly adopted MaineHealth Psychiatric Medical Clearance Protocol Which includes a pdf flowchart and an explanatory word document. Download: PDF | DOC
- Maine Emergency Medical Services
- Maine Medical Association
- Maine Medicine Weekly Update
- Maine Medicine Political Pulse
- Maine.gov: Legislature
- Google News: Emergency Medicine News
ACEP 50th Anniversary Books – Pre-Order Now
Take home memories of ACEP’s 50th Anniversary with our commemorative anniversary book and a new edition of the history of emergency medicine. Click to learn more and order
- Bring ‘em All: Chaos. Care. Stories from Medicine’s Front Line.
- Anyone, Anything, Anytime – History of Emergency Medicine (2nd Edition)
Medical Control Course
There are two methods to choose from in order to complete the online Medical Control Course below.
Method #1 The course consists of four modules. Click each link below to review the modules in order. Make sure to watch each PowerPoint in the slide show mode to hear the sound. Then you can take the test. Method #2 You can also follow the MaineHealth link to the program and accompanying test. Click Here, then Join QuantiaMD.