Medication for Opioid Use Disorder (MOUD)
With support from Maine DHHS, the Maine Medical Association Center for Quality Improvement (MMA-CQI) has worked with clinical experts to create the “Rapid Induction Starting in the ED” (RISE) project to provide education and assistance on best practices for initiating buprenorphine in hospital Emergency Departments (EDs) for individuals with opioid use disorder (OUD) who are interested in engaging in treatment.
Buprenorphine initiation in the ER found safe and effective
For individuals with opioid use disorder who use fentanyl. Results from a multi-site clinical trial supported by the National Institutes of Health showed that less than 1% of people with opioid use disorder whose drug use includes fentanyl experienced withdrawal when starting buprenorphine in the emergency department. READ MORE
Download the most this 1-page treatment algorithm for treatment of adult ED patients with moderate to sever Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) being discharged.
MOUD IMPLEMENTATION TOOLKIT
- Implementation Guidance and Measures
- Regulatory FAQ’s
- Buprenorphine formulations, side effects, and tips
- Recommended protocols
- Recommendations for starting Buprenorphine at-home
- Training materials and treatment workflows
- Billing Codes
MAINE DRUG HUB
The Maine Drug Data Hub contains nearly 300 data metrics, nearly 200 reports and resources, as well as dozens of dashboards, maps, and other data products. Use the following navigation buttons to assist in your exploration of substance use and substance use disorder data and help you find what you are looking for. Need assistance? Email: email@example.com.
- SAMHSA’S FAQs About the New Buprenorphine Practice Guidelines
- Yale Model: https://medicine.yale.edu/edbup/
- ODMAP: http://www.odmap.org/
- Maine 211: https://211maine.org/
- Eyes Open: https://www.eyesopenforme.org/
- Maine Prevention Store: https://www.mainepreventionstore.com/
- ED Bridge – Emergency Buprenorphine Treatment Resources: https://cabridge.org/tools/resources/
- Clinical Opioid Withdrawal Scale
- Special Circumstances for Providing Buprenorphine –Special Circumstances for Providing Buprenorphine | SAMHSA
- Maine Opioid Response Clinical Advisory Committee: Proposed Position on the Use of Buprenorphine-Naloxone in Pregnancy
*email firstname.lastname@example.org for the meeting links.